Dr Chuan Ping Tan is a Hepatopancreatic and biliary surgeon in the Royal Adelaide Hospital and has an interest to manage elective and acute hepatobiliary cases.
He has 25+ years of experience in the medical profession and has contributed to the field through his involvement in several professional societies and research projects.
Dr Tan has experience in teaching and has received Professor Derek Edwin Citation of Excellence in Clinical teaching at the University of Adelaide in 2011.
- 1992: Bachelor of Medical Science, University of Tasmania
- 1995:Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Tasmania
- 2008 (April): Pass Fellowship examination (General Surgery) RACS
- 2011- Current: HPB and General surgeon, Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA and in private practice
- 2009- 2011: HPB and Upper GI fellowship
- 2009: HPB Fellow, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- 2008- 2009: Locum Consultant General Surgeon, Greenlane Clinical Centre, Auckland, NZ
- 2008- 2008: Fellow surgical Oncology unit, Auckland City Hospital
- 2007- 2008: General Surgical Registrar, Department of Surgery, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch
- 2005- 2007: General Surgical Registrar, Department of Surgery, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton.
- 2004- 2005: General Surgical Registrar, Department of Surgery, Tauranga Hospital, Tauranga.
- 2003- 2004: General Surgical Registrar, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland
- 2003-2004: Lecturer Department of Surgery, University of Auckland
- 2002- 2003: Surgical Lecturer, University of Auckland, Auckland
- 1999- 2002: Basic Surgical Trainee, Auckland
- 1996-1999: Resident Medical Officer, Australia
- Australian and New Zealand Hepatopancreaticobiliary Association
- The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Co-morbidities in trauma patients: common and significant. NZ Med J. 2004 Sep 10: 117(1201)Tan CP, NG A, Civil I
- Priority assessment of patients for elective general surgery: game on? ANZ J Surg. 2004 Mar; 74(3): 143-5 MacCormick AD, Tan CP, Parry BR
- Transfer function index: is it a reliable method for vein graft surveillance? ANZ J Surg. 2003 Dec; 73(12): 1032-5 Tan CP, Civil I
- Tan CP. Acute Pancreatitis-Management. In: Devereaux B. editor. Handbook of Clinical Pancreatology.1st ed.(ebook).Ergo 2017
- Genomic analyses identify molecular subtypes of pancreatic cancer. Bailey P, Chang DK, Nones K, Johns AL, Patch AM, Gingras MC, Miller DK, Christ AN, Bruxner TJ, Quinn MC, Nourse C, Murtaugh LC, Harliwong I, Idrisoglu S, Manning S, Nourbakhsh E, Wani S, Fink L, Holmes O, Chin V, Anderson MJ, Kazakoff S, Leonard C, Newell F, Waddell N, Wood S, Xu Q, Wilson PJ, Cloonan N, Kassahn KS, Taylor D, Quek K, Robertson A, Pantano L, Mincarelli L, Sanchez LN, Evers L, Wu J, Pinese M, Cowley MJ, Jones MD, Colvin EK, Nagrial AM, Humphrey ES, Chantrill LA, Mawson A, Humphris J, Chou A, Pajic M, Scarlett CJ, Pinho AV, Giry-Laterriere M, Rooman I, Samra JS, Kench JG, Lovell JA, Merrett ND, Toon CW, Epari K, Nguyen NQ, Barbour A, Zeps N, Moran-Jones K, Jamieson NB, Graham JS, Duthie F, Oien K, Hair J, Grützmann R, Maitra A, Iacobuzio-Donahue CA, Wolfgang CL, Morgan RA, Lawlor RT, Corbo V, Bassi C, Rusev B, Capelli P, Salvia R, Tortora G, Mukhopadhyay D, Petersen GM; Australian Pancreatic Cancer Genome Initiative., Munzy DM, Fisher WE, Karim SA, Eshleman JR, Hruban RH, Pilarsky C, Morton JP, Sansom OJ, Scarpa A, Musgrove EA, Bailey UM, Hofmann O, Sutherland RL, Wheeler DA, Gill AJ, Gibbs RA, Pearson JV, Waddell N, Biankin AV, Grimmond SM. Nature. 2016 Mar 3;531(7592):47-52. doi: 10.1038/nature16965. Epub 2016 Feb 24.