Dr Samantha Pillay is a Urological Surgeon. A 1992 graduate of the University of Adelaide Medical School, Dr Pillay became the first woman to complete surgical training in Adult Urology in South Australia. She undertook further training in the sub-specialty of Female Urology and Neurourology in Melbourne and
worked in Christchurch, New Zealand before returning to Adelaide to start Continence Matters. She served as the Chair of the Female Urology Special Advisory Group for the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand from February 2007 to June 2013 and the President of the South Australian branch of the Continence Foundation of Australia from February 2011 to November 2014.
At Continence Matters, located within Calvary Hospital North Adelaide she provides;
- Comprehensive evaluation with Fluoroscopic Urodynamics.
- Specialist Urology Assessment of all male and female bladder and voiding problems,
incontinence and prolapse.
- Management of complex incontinence cases including complications from or failed
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatment Options.
Medical Registrations & Memberships
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- Female Urology Special Advisory Group, (FUSAG – Past Chair)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Continence Foundation of Australia (Past SA President)
- International Continence Society (ICS)
- Society of Women in Urology
- Interstitial Cystitis Association
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology (SUFU)
Current & Prior Board Memberships
- Allergan Botox Advisory Board
- Australian Medical Association (AMA) SA
- Australia and New Zealand Board of Urology
- Continence Foundation of Australia
- Oxytrol Advisory Board
- Curriculum Review Committee for the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand