Dr Tom Savvoulidis is an Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in the Anterior Approach for Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Surgery (AMIS) as well as Patient Matched Knee Replacement Surgery.
Dr Savvoulidis is accredited by the M.O.R.E Institute Switzerland as an Instructional Consultant for the AMIS Hip Replacement. He currently uses the latest techniques available for problems involving joints of the upper and lower limb (this includes endoscopic surgery).
Dr Tom Savvoulidis has performed more than 1600 Anterior MIS hip replacements.
- 1989: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Adelaide
- 1989-2000: Surgical and Orthopaedic training program, RACS and AOA
- 2005: Masters Certificate in Orthopaedic Surgery and
Advanced Techniques, in Switzerland.
- 2001-2004: Attended various centres of Orthopaedic
Excellence in France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- Dr Savvoulidis is a Fellow of the College of Surgeons in Orthopaedic Surgery, Australian Orthopaedic Association,the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and The American Orthopaedic Association.