Apart from being a highly respected plastic, reconstructive, cosmetic and laser surgeon, Tony is also the senior surgeon at Adelaide Plastic Surgery.
Most of his postgraduate qualifications in plastic surgery were completed in Adelaide, with special involvement in the Women’s and Children’s Hospital’s Craniofacial Unit. In 1985/86, Tony travelled overseas to complete his training, working at Mt Vernon Hospital in London and the Eppendorf Clinic in Hamburg, West Germany. This experience complemented his all-round training with specialty interests in facial and cosmetic surgery.
A genuine pioneer and visionary, Tony is credited with introducing laser treatment to Australian plastic surgery, giving regular lectures and running training courses. He is an invited member of the faculty of the World Association of Laser Therapists and is regularly invited to speak as guest presenter at international meetings.
Tony makes frequent trips to Asia and the Middle East, offering voluntary surgical and educational aid. At home, his voluntary work has included managing patients brought to Australia by Rotary Oceania Medical Aid for Children. In appreciation for his ongoing and tireless contribution, Rotary awarded Tony a prestigious Paul Harris Fellowship in 2000.
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons;
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons;
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons;
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery;
- International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons;
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons;
- South Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons;
- Australian Academy of Medicine and Surgery.